Welcome to Virginia Tech's Department of Finance, Insurance and Business Law. Whether you are a student, parent, alumnus, employer, faculty member or potential research partner, we encourage you to spend time on our website and learn more about our department and what we have to offer.
We are the largest department in Virginia Tech's Pamplin College of Business, with over 20 full-time faculty members serving over 900 undergraduate students. In a typical year, our department awards more than 300 Bachelor's degrees (including double majors). We also have an active Ph.D. program and support the university's various MBA programs in Northern Virginia, Richmond and Roanoke.
- Pamplin's Department of Finance is ranked #5 in the nation by Collegechoice.net's Best Bachelor's In Finance Degree Programs, 2016.
- The Department of Finance congratulates John Pinkerton's award of emeritus status!
- The Department of Finance congratulates Dr. Hiller on the appointment of Director of Pamplin Integrated Security!
- Zach Tekamp is one of 12 students chosen to receive a $5,000 scholarship as part of the 2017 TD Ameritrade NextGen RIA Scholarships & Grants program
- Bank of Fincastle Reports, George Morgan in the Media
- Raman Kumar will be relocating to the NCR (National Capital Region) campus effective Fall 2017
Faculty Journal Acceptances:
Dr. Jin Xu - Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis - 2017
• “Taxes, Capital Structure Choices, and Equity Value", with Mara Faccio
Dr. Brad Paye - 2017
• "Micro(structure) before macro? The predictive power of aggregate illiquidity for stock returns and economic activity," with Yong Chen, and Greg Eaton
Dr. Vijay Singal- Journal of Fimacial Economics - 2016
• “Comovement Revisited," with Honghui Chen, and Robert Whitelaw.
Dr. Gregory Kadlec - Journal of Financial Economics - 2015
• “Institutional investors and asset pricing anomalies,” with Ozzie Ince, and Roger Edelen.
Dr. Jin Xu- Journal of Financial Economics - 2015
• “Golden hellos: Signing bonuses for new top executives,” with Jun Yang.
Dr. Pengfei Ye - Journal of Financial Economics - 2015
• "Relative peer quality and firm performance" with Bill B. Francis, Iftekar Hasan and Sureshbabu Mani.