Sattar A. Mansi
Wells Fargo Professor in Financial Risk Management
- Ph.D., Finance, George Washington University
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Corporate Finance, Governance, and Fixed Income Securities
- Freddie Mac, Senior Financial Analyst, Structured Finance, McLean, VA
- Unisys Corporation, Product OEM Engineer, Santa Clara, CA
Corporate Finance, Governance, Fixed Income Securities, and Investments at the undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D levels.
- Do long-term investors improve corporate decision making? With J. Harford, A. Kecskés. Journal of Corporate Finance. Forthcoming. Harvard Law School Forum on Governance and Regulation.
- Information asymmetry, the cost of debt, and credit events: Evidence from quasi-random analyst disappearances. With F. Derrien and A. Kecskés. Journal of Corporate Finance 39, August 2016, 295-311.
- Severance agreements and the cost of debt. With J. Wald, A. Zhang. Journal of Corporate Finance 41, December 2016, 426-444.
- Media news and earnings management prior to equity offerings. With S. Chahine and M. Mazboudi. Journal of Corporate Finance 35, December 2015, 177-195.
- Liability protection, director compensation, and incentives, with I. Aguir, N. Burns, and J. Wald, Journal of Financial Intermediation 23, December 2014, 570-589.
- Political institutions, connectedness, and corporate risk taking, with N. Boubakri and W. Saffar, Journal of International Business Studies 44, April 2013, 195-215.
- Are short sellers informed? Evidence from the bond market, with A. Kecskés and A. Zhang, The Accounting Review 88, March 2013, 611-639.
- Analyst forecast characteristics and the cost of debt, with W. Maxwell and D. Miller, Review of Accounting Studies 16, March 2011, 116-142.
- Internal governance mechanisms and operational performance: Evidence from index mutual funds, with J. Adams and T. Nishikawa, Review of Financial Studies 23, March 2010, 1261-1286.
- Creditor protection laws and the cost of debt, W. Maxwell and J. Wald, Journal of Law & Economics 52, November 2009, 701-726.
- Does customer satisfaction matter to investors? Findings from the bond market, with E. Anderson, Journal of Marketing Research 46, October 2009, 703-714.
- Corporate governance and firm cash holdings, with J. Harford and W. Maxwell, Journal of Financial Economics 87, March 2008, 535-555. (Lead Article)
- Does corporate governance matter to bondholders? with M. Klock and W. Maxwell, Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis 40, December 2005, 639-719 (Lead Article).
- Board characteristics, accounting report integrity, and cost of debt, with R. Anderson and D. Reeb, Journal of Accounting & Economics 37, September 2004, 315-342.
- Does auditor quality and tenure matter to investors? Evidence from the bond market, with W. Maxwell and D. Miller, Journal of Accounting Research 42, September 2004, 755-793.
- Founding family ownership and the agency cost of debt, with R. Anderson and D. Reeb, Journal of Financial Economics 68, May 2003, 263-285.
- Corporate international activity and debt financing, with D. Reeb, Journal of International Business Studies 33, Spring 2002, 1-17.
- Corporate diversification: What gets discounted” with D. Reeb, Journal of Finance 5, October 2002, 2167-83.
- Firm internationalization and the cost of debt financing: Evidence from non-provisional publicly traded debt, with J. Allee and D. Reeb, Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis 36, September 2001, 395-414.
- Bankruptcy prediction models and the cost of debt, with W. Maxwell and A. Zhang, Journal of Fixed Income 21, March 2012, 25-42.
- Evidence on quasi-private information and insider trading, with M. Carter and D. Reeb, Financial Analyst Journal 59, May/June 2003, 60-68.
- How well do constant-maturity Treasuries approximate the on-the-run term structure, with J. Jordan, Journal of Fixed Income 10, September 2000, 1-11.
- Identifying outliers in finance, With J. Adams, D. Huyanga, and D. Reeb
- Investor horizon and corporate cash holdings, with J. Harford and A. Kecskes.Harvard Law School Forum on Governance and Regulation.
- Bond covenants, bankruptcy risk, and issuance costs, with Y. Qi and J. Wald.