Visiting Assistant Professor
PhD, University of Southern California
MS, New York University
BA, Michigan State University
Jerchern Lin currently teaches Fixed Income and Equity Securities. He previously taught Investments and Fixed Income Securities at the State University of New York at Buffalo.
Jerchern Lin’s research focuses on investment funds, market anomalies, tail risks, ambiguity, and activism. His recent research examines how tail risks impact investor behavior and decision-making, explores risk and non-risk based explanations of market-wide anomalies, and investigates the effects of collaboration among activists on firm performance. His research has been presented in leading academic conferences and published in the Journal of Finance.
- American Finance Association
- Western Finance Association
- Financial Management Association
- Eastern Finance Association
- Northern Finance Association
Prior to his doctoral studies and academic appointments at the State University of New York at Buffalo and Virginia Tech, Jerchern Lin also had financial industry experience in Japan, Taiwan, and the U.S.
- Oriental Securities Corporation, Far Eastern Group – Manager, Structured Derivatives Product Division, Taipei, Taiwan
- Merrill Lynch Japan – Associate, Debt Derivatives/Swaps Information Technology Group, Tokyo, Japan
- Momentum Holding Inc. – Business Development Manager, International Sales and Marketing, Hayward, California
- Zacks Investment Research – International Business Analyst, Chicago, Illinois
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)